Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Tacoma Arts Live is looking for a part time Human Resource Manager to lead, oversee and implement our Human Resources systems and processes and to develop and implement personnel policies and procedures.
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures, maintain employee handbook.
- Monitor job vacancies, ensure that open positions are advertised consistently, both externally and internally.
- Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting and interviewing program, counseling managers on candidate selection, conducting and analyzing exit interviews, and recommending changes.
- Manage and oversee new employee onboarding process including employment forms, background checks, and employee benefits.
- Oversee new employee orientation, recruitment procedures.
- Manage employee separation process including retirements and terminations, conduct exit interviews
- Maintain Personnel files
- Provide coaching and advice to managers regarding employee relations matters, including performance improvement, disciplinary action, and termination.
- Conduct independent investigations on key employee concerns, including workplace and sexual harassment, discrimination, and wage/hour claims.
- Study and assesses benefit needs and trends, recommends benefit programs to Directors, direct the processing of benefit claims, obtain and evaluate benefit contract bids, award benefit contracts, and design and conduct educational programs.
- Review and manage worker's compensation and unemployment processes. Prepare information requested or required by both state and federal government/regulatory agencies.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resources policies and procedures.
- Manage employee communication and feedback through such avenues as staff meetings, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, and suggestion programs.
- Draft and update job descriptions, assist in classifying and/or reclassifying employees as appropriate under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Schedule, facilitate and attend Human Resource Team meetings.
- Bachelor degree required; emphasis in Human Resource Management or related field and/or relevant experience. PHR certification preferred.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to plan, organize and work independently with minimal direction.
or via mail to:
Attn: Shannon Johnson, Tacoma Arts Live, 901 Broadway Suite 700, Tacoma, WA 98402
Tacoma Arts Live is a leader as a regional performing arts center and non-profit arts organization. On behalf of the City of Tacoma, Tacoma Arts Live manages three theaters: Pantages Theater, Rialto Theater, Theater on the Square plus three studios, Jones office building and a privately owned Tacoma Armory. Tacoma Arts Live is located in the heart of downtown Tacoma and is the jewel of the Historic Theater District, a neighborhood which includes other artistic activities and enterprises. Programs at the Tacoma Arts Live include musicals, theater, comedy, dance, opera, concerts, film, lectures, family shows and other live events performed by touring and community organizations. Attendance at Tacoma Arts Live is over 250,000 per year.