Box Office Sales Representative [Temporary, 4-6 months]
Open until filled, 10 positions available
Box Office Sales Representative is a Temporary position. This position will work 10-20 hours per week for training, starting in October, and then 32+ hours per week starting mid-December through the end of January. Depending on the extension of the exhibition Imagine Van Gogh, the position may continue into mid-March. This is a non-exempt position, meaning that you are eligible for overtime if you work more than 40 hours in a work week. At least two positions will be offered permanent, part-time (10-20 hours per week) work at the conclusion of this temporary assignment.
Starting Rate is $15/hour.
Tacoma Arts Live is a 501(c)(3) non-profit 42 year-old arts organization that is committed to producing the highest quality programs and to the belief that our ability to contribute to excellence in the arts depends on building a community whose members come from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
We are located in downtown Tacoma in the historic Tacoma Armory. Programs at the Tacoma Arts Live include musicals, theater, comedy, dance, opera, concerts, film, lectures, family shows and other live events performed by touring and community organizations.
Position: Box Office Representative
Sales Representative: Act as Customer Service and Sales Representative for all events at Tacoma Arts Live, including Imagine Van Gogh Exhibition in the Tacoma Armory, and at other locations; assist in the daily Box Office operations as directed by the Box Office Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Ticket Sales and Customer Service for all events offered and/or ticketed by Tacoma Arts Live
- Opening and closing procedures
- Follow and implement Box Office policies and procedures
- Maintain efficient and accurate records and account for all Box Office transactions.
Skills needed to apply:
- One or more years of customer service or sales experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings and weekends. We will work with you to fit into your schedule.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Know or learn the Audience View Ticketing system
- Know or learn BOCA Printers
- Be willing to provide clerical assistance: typing, filing, data entry, copying, mail processing, and proof reading as needed.
- Must speak fluent English. A second language is a plus but not required
- Must be willing to work in a team environment
- Possess high standards of integrity, credibility, and reliability.
Note COVID Protocols: All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Masks are to be worn by all employees and patrons when in the office or at events.
Or by mail:
Tacoma Arts Live
Attention: Alan Uhlemann
1001 S Yakima Ave, Suite 1
Tacoma, WA 98405
No phone calls please.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility and Anti-Racism
We recognize that transforming events and venues that once symbolized exclusion and elitism into true community gatherings is a long-term endeavor. Tacoma Arts Live is committed to confronting the multidimensional nature of accessibility in economic, geographic, racial and cultural terms, among others. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility and Anti-Racism work.
Tacoma Arts Live values:
- Openness (staying transparent and eager to collaborate)
- Joy (celebrating our humanity)
- Courage (smart risk-taking, learning, changing)
- Diversity (reflecting our community onstage and off)
- Inclusiveness (inviting broad access, building strong relationships)
- Stewardship (honoring the legacy we inherit, nurturing the future)
We are committed to supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment, and to fostering creativity, excellence and collaboration. We honor and value the dignity of all individuals, and want all qualified individuals to apply for our positions.
Tacoma Arts Live is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status as provided by law.