Box Office Sales Representative
Open until filled
REPORTING TO: Box Office Manager, Box Office Assistant Manager
Position is Part Time, Hourly DOE.
Tacoma Arts Live Box Office manages ticketed events in our theaters and other venues; we sell tickets to over 150 events a year. We are looking for energetic, motivated individuals to work in our Box Office. In this position, you will use your strong customer service and sales skills to help our patrons, staff, and Resident Arts Organizations in all box office needs. Box Office Sales Representative schedules consist of nights, weekends, and regular work week hours.
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons
- Selling single tickets and subscriptions for all events offered by Tacoma Arts Live & other arts organizations
- Open and close the box office during our regular business hours
- Support the Box Office team by working during performances and special events; nights and weekends required.
- Follow and implement Box Office policies and procedures
- Responsible for various administrative work including but not limited to: typing, filing, data entry, copying, mail processing, and proof reading as needed.
- Retain knowledge of various events, including other organizations’ events
- Maintain efficient and accurate records and account for all Box Office transactions.
Skills needed to apply:
- One or more years of customer service or sales experience
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Experience with AudienceView Ticketing system or other ticketing related database preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of BOCA Printers preferred, but not required
- Must speak fluent English. A second language is a plus, but not required
- Must be willing to work in a team environment
Or by mail:
Tacoma Arts Live
901 Broadway, Suite 700
Tacoma, WA, 98402
No phone calls, please.
Tacoma Arts Live is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity among applicants.
Tacoma Arts Live: The non-profit Tacoma Arts Live is a leading regional performing arts center located in downtown Tacoma, WA. Tacoma Arts Live consists of three performing arts theaters, three studios, the Tacoma Armory, and Jones office building; it anchors the Broadway Theater District, a neighborhood which includes other artistic activities and enterprises. Programs at the Broadway Center include musicals, theater, dance, opera, concerts, film, lectures, children's shows and other arts events performed by touring and community organizations. Attendance at Tacoma Arts Live is over 300,000 per year derived from over 1,100 event days.