Tacoma Arts Live Conservatory Summer Camp Internships
Position 1: Musical Theatre Camp Intern— Seeking three interns to support our 3-week musical theatre camp running from July 8 - 28, 2019
Position 2: Acting Camp Intern— Seeking two interns to support 2-week acting camp running from August 5 - 16, 2019
The Summer camp Internship positions are for Graduated High School Seniors or College students interested in working with children and the performing arts. Interns may be selected to work in one or both positions based on qualifications and availability.
Timeline: Rolling applications accepted
April 1 - June 30 2019: Interviews (phone or in person)
July/August 2019: Internship period
Status: Internship with stipend- Musical Theatre Camp Interns will receive a stipend of $450. Acting Camp Interns will receive a stipend of $250. All interns will gain essential experience in arts education, theatre rehearsal and production, and receive a formal letter of reference from the supervisor upon successful completion of the internship.
- Arrive by 8:30 a.m. on camp days
- Supervise camp students during lunch
- Lead performing arts activities/games/warmups as needed
- Assist campers in rehearsing lines, choreography, blocking and songs
- Assist with scenery changes during camp productions
- Must obtain a current First Aid/CPR certification
- Must be 19 yrs or older
- Ability to engage, challenge and interest 8-18 year olds through communication and the arts
- Ability to maintain safe, inclusive, supportive and creative environments for youth
- Ability to work with students of diverse life experience
- Capable of performing in busy, non-traditional classroom settings
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, plan ahead, anticipate and articulate program needs, and work independently while keeping open communication and status reports with supervisors
- Must pass a criminal background check
No phone calls please.
Tacoma Arts Live: The non-profit Tacoma Arts Live is a leading regional performing arts center located in downtown Tacoma, WA. Tacoma Arts Live consists of three performing arts theaters, three studios, the Tacoma Armory, and Jones office building; it anchors the Broadway Theater District, a neighborhood which includes other artistic activities and enterprises. Programs at Tacoma Arts Live include musicals, theater, dance, opera, concerts, film, lectures, children's shows and other arts events performed by touring and community organizations. Attendance at Tacoma Arts Live is over 233,500 per year derived from over 1,100 event days.